Skip to main content

Blogging again!

I've been wanting to get back into blogging and vlogging for a while now but keep having creative-blocks as to what I should talk about. So I thought that I may as well just jump in the deep end, otherwise I'd be forever putting it off and wouldn't get back into it again anyway!
I want to start my new and improved blog off with a few of my favourite photos since I last posted in 2011!

One of  my favourite trips in the UK was to Scotland in June 2011. This photo was taken from Stirling Castle, and remains one of my favourite photos of my travels on my gap year.

 

In April 2012, Tom and I went to western Indonesia for 10 days for my first 'off the beaten track' Asia experience. It was truly the best holiday of my life and I don't know when and if it will ever be beaten.

Our view of the ocean from our hut in Pulau Weh

Snorkelling off the coast of Pulau Weh

Journalling in Ketambe, in the jungle

In September 2012, I visited England on my holidays and Tom and I made time to visit the Harry Potter Studios in Leavesden. It was absolutely incredible and 100% recommend it for any HP fan :)


In June 2013, when Tom was preparing to move to Australia, I flew over immediately after my last exam and surprised him at his going away party. We spent 10 days together and, as I hadn't brought too much over, Tom used most of my luggage space for his extra stuff to take bring back to Australia!

How incredible do Tom's mum's flowers look!?

In November 2013, Tom and I completed the Eureka Climb in Melbourne. We climbed a total of 1642 stairs over 88 levels, and successfully reached the roof of the tallest building in the Southern Hemisphere. We also raised over $1100 for charity, for the event.


And finally in December of last year, I was surprised with my very own Surprise 21st 'J' Party. About 100 people all dressed up and gave me the shock of my life, and subsequently the party of my life.


So I think my life is pretty interesting, and I can't wait to share more of it with you guys (...if anyone ever reads this apart from my parents...)! I'm hoping to put up loads of things - recipes for eating well on a uni student budget, workouts that I do, training plans that I follow, maybe some book and movie reviews, and general stuff about my life!

:) Jessie xx

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Norway Part One - Oslo

So since I've last written on here, I've managed to get myself a job straight out of uni and I'm already at the point in my career where a three and a half week holiday is well deserved. I've been at my job for a whole year as of June 30th! It's crazy how fast time starts to fly as your work and life routine just gets going. Tom and I have started our first trip back to England in nearly three years with a five day trip to Norway with his parents. To be entirely honest, I was a bit lazy and did very little research about Norway, except enough to figure out that we were doing a Norway In A Nutshell tour. We got to Oslo and I had low expectations - I think I expected it to be a pretty city but kind of boring. I think I thought something similar of Norway as a whole. I knew nothing much about the country except that I was there at the wrong time of the year for the Northern Lights and that it was renown for being particularly expensive. Boy, was I wrong about th

Running, university and the future...

I thought I'd write a short blog post while waiting for some rice to cook. I haven't put my thoughts down in writing for a little while so perhaps this sort of therapy will work its magic on me. [ Image Source ] First things first, I've signed up for my very first half marathon. It's with the Melbourne Marathon , and is about twelve weeks away. I'm absolutely terrified. I've never made this kind of commitment... and it is a really really long way! It's further than the distance that I travel on my bike in a day, commuting to uni, and that in itself takes about an hour. I'm already worried that my legs are going to stop working halfway through. So I've been reading a lot of articles, and searching Pinterest relentlessly for half marathon training guides. I think I'll use my Nike+ running app as a guide too. If anybody has any tips, please share them with me! I reckon I'll finish it comfortably in about two and a half hours.

Melbourne International Film Festival

The Melbourne International Film Festival (MIFF) runs from the 31st of July to the 17th of August this year. I've decided to do a subject at uni that is centred aroundthe festival and this means I'll be going to six documentaries and two industry talks as required by the course, and four films of my choice! This is one major plus about choosing to go to Melbourne Uni.. I'm almost finished my maths degree, yet all through my tertiary education, I've been required to do a subject a semester outside of my faculty, and it's been great to immerse myself into arts subjects (namely music and film) that I wouldn't have studied otherwise. I'm really glad that I chose the documentary stream, as I really think I'll get a lot more out of it than a fiction stream. I'm not a huge film kind of girl, and it's not unusual for me to be gasped at with an 'oh my god, how have you not seen [insert film here]?!' I don't really have an excuse, I have